The Essential Handlebar/Shoulder/Crossbody Bag
The Essential is a Bicycle Handlebar Bag, that is also a shoulder/cross-body bag.
We designed The Essential with quick casual trips in mind where you only need to bring your priority items with you, not the kitchen sink. Like all our bags this is a great lifestyle bag that works on, and off, the bike. In the city, or far far out of the city.
The Essential is the perfect bag for zipping around the city, heading out to dinner or a taproom, for walking the dogs, and travel near and far. The versatility of The Essential gives it a great cost-per-wear investment ratio!
The Essential pairs perfectly with The Social musette pannier bag and/or The Around Town Tote (shop here).
In 2020 we made v.2 of The Essential with upgrades from the original version:
- Plastic reduction: We wanted to reduce the amount of plastic use in our original Essential bags, so we have eliminated all plastic structure inside the bag. The plastic has been replaced with Ballistic Nylon. The bag is now 'softer', while still maintaining the structured appearance everyone loves.
- Ballistic Nylon is now used for the front tool pocket.
Leather Upgrades: We worked hard at sourcing a leather we felt good about using, and believe non-leather alternatives are not great alternatives as things stand today. So we chose to use Wickett & Craig leather; a vegetable tannery in the USA. We are now using leather for the D-Ring loops (for the strap), and the zipper pulls.
Handlebar Straps: The nylon strap material has been upgraded to a heavier/tougher nylon.
Construction: The back zipper has been removed and replaced with a lapped pocket. This was done for better longevity of the straps, as well as to create an easier in/out pocket when removing/returning the bar straps.
As always, we designed the front tool pocket for those essential repair items, just like our Seat Rollio: C02 Cartridges, Tire Levers, a Multi-tool. And the inside was designed with pockets for your phone, wallet, chapstick, and keys.
The handlebar attachment is made to easily attach with velcro straps that loop around your bar. The attachments quickly tuck away into the back pocket when you are off the bike.
Included detachable shoulder strap. Remove and tuck into interior pocket when cycling.
Designed in Minneapolis, MN USA by äventyr
Handcrafted in Minneapolis, MN USA by DeAnn, Owner + Creative Director + Sewer at äventyr
Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 3 in. (l x h x w)
- 100% Cotton Duck Exterior Fabric with Durable Water Repellent Finish
- 840 Denier Coated Ballistic Nylon with Durable Water Repellent FInish
- 420 Denier Nylon Interior Lining with Durable Water Repellent Finish
- Nylon Detachable Shoulder Strap
- Vegetable Tanned Leather D-Ring Loops and Zipper Pulls (Wickett & Craig)
- Industry Standard YKK zippers with upgraded individually polished metal zipper teeth for smooth operation and YKK loop pulls with added pull tabs
- Nickel Plated Hardware
Care: Wipe clean with a damp white cloth.
*any tools pictured are not included with purchase
**We recommend not overstuffing this bag. Packed bag weight should not exceed 2.5 lbs (unpacked weight is 14.3 oz). The fabrics are water resistant (not proof); this bag is not made to take in heavy downpours. Additionally, winter weather is damaging to all things; if winter messes (salt, slush, melt, etc.) concern you, choose another great bag on the market made precisely to withstand winter conditions. We made this product to last, but not for extreme conditions. If use in any of these conditions occur, the äventyr manufacturing warranty will be deemed void.